Shop Worker / Welder / Mechanic needed at Hunt Tractor
Hunt Tractor is looking for a skilled shop laborer / welder / mechanic.
We are looking to add another person to our tight knit team that has the skills to test and perform repairs on the various attachments that we sell.
We sell attachments for heavy equipment such as backhoe and excavator buckets, thumbs, couplers, compaction wheels, hydraulic hammers, hydraulic plate compactors, etc...
We are looking for a skilled and energetic person that can work independently and with others inspecting, testing, and repairing attachments as well as performing other tasks such as pressure washing, painting, and unloading and loading trucks.
Repairs will include but are not limited to welding, rebuilding hydraulic components (cylinders, hydraulic motors, hydraulic hammers), removing bucket ears and replacing with new ears, line boring bucket ears, and machining pins and bushings.
This is an all around position; a do-it-all kind of person will fit the position well. We need someone that is a team player, but works well alone also, has good organizational skills, good attention to detail, and is safety conscious.
This job will require working both indoors and outdoors. This job also requires lifting heavy items from time to time, sometimes 100+ lbs, along with swinging a sledge hammer. Mechanic experience is a plus and familiarity with heavy equipment is a plus, but this is not a mechanic position.
Pay depends on experience & qualifications. Starting pay can range from minimum wage up to $35.00 per hour. We have an excellent benefits package including a retirement plan, medical, dental, and vision.
Qualities the successful applicant will possess:
- Independent worker
- Works well with others
- Team player
- Honest/ Trustworthy
- Likes to work outdoors as well as indoors
- Safety conscious
- Strong work ethic
- Takes pride in his/her work
- Good organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Drug free- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
- Welding with both MIG and Arc welder
- Use of a cutting torch and/or air arc
- Operation of a manual lathe
- Possible operation of a CNC lathe
- Operation of a manual milling machine mostly for drilling holes
- Rebuilding hydraulic cylinders and other hydraulic components
- Rebuilding hydraulic breakers and compactors
- Forklift operation- moving attachments around the yard both on and off pallets
- Pressure washing
- Operating air and power tools
- Banding down and boxing items for shipping
- Using a sledge hammer to beat pins out of buckets
- Lifting items up to 150 lbs from time to time and routinely lifting items up to 100 lbs
- Occasional light mechanic work- changing oil and filters in forklifts, etc...
- Keeping shop clean and organized
- Reading parts manuals and diagrams and ordering parts based on those manuals
- Reading service manuals and performing repairs based on those manuals
- Familiarity with heavy equipment a plus
Full Time position- Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. No overtime.
We are looking for a long term employee who wants to be part of a hard working team.
We would like to receive resumes along with a cover letter highlighting your experiences that will help you in this job as well as why you want to work for us.
You can e-mail them to us at email@example.com, mail them to us, or drop them off in person at: 5280 Crater Lake Ave. #102; Central Point, OR 97502, or fax them to us at 541-858-5489.
Interviews will begin after all applications have been received and reviewed.
No phone calls please and no early interviews.
Application Deadline: Sunday, February 22th, 2019